Friday 20 July 2012

The Swansea Blitz

We have just enjoyed an interesting talk, with vivid illustrations, about the Swansea Blitz. Phil Treseder, from Swansea Museum, had loads of pictures of Swansea scenes, taken before, during and after the terrible days of the Swansea Blitz. It all reminded me of stories my parents told me of the Sheffield Blitz.
For some of us it was a trip down memory lane and for those of us new to the area, it was an interesting insight into the growth and development of Swansea.
What dreadful times they must have been and I for one am very grateful that I was born just after it was all over.
We were really pleased to welcome two new members to our group - I am sure they will both find that being a member of a support group will make living with a lung condition much easier.

No comments: