British Lung Foundation, and all of us in Breathe Easy and will do all we can to see this being a success. We will campaign, raise awareness and support patients and their families and friends through Breathe Easy.
Over the coming months we will be keeping in touch with our Assembly Members and Health Professionals to support them in implementing these proposals.
these are the things that have been proposed and which we want to see happening accross Wales.
· Smoking rates driven down to 16% by 2020. Introducing standardised packaging for tobacco products, and legislation to ban smoking in cars carrying children will be key policies to achieving this
· People who smoke accessing a smoking cessation service that works with them and for them, at a time, place, and format that optimises their chances of successfully quitting
· Much more raising awareness and encouraging people to get their lung health checked
· Tools for self-management such as pulmonary rehabilitation programmes should be much more accessible, delivered locally, and reach many more people, to help them achieve a better quality of life and keep out of hospital
· Referrals into Breathe Easy support groups becoming an essential part of the patient pathway